Electrician - Processing
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Electrical, you will be responsible for performing high quality electrical maintenance, repairs, and installations on all fixed plant processing equipment with a focus on improving reliability.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 8 days on, 6 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
Duties of the role:
- Achieve budgeted maintenance and operational targets by utilising superior, efficient maintenance practices to minimise downtime and production loss
- Safely carry out maintenance activities (planned and reactive) as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Fault-find, diagnose, repair and maintain electrical, communication and instrumentation components within the fixed plant
- HV switching
- Be actively involved in various continuous improvement initiatives and small projects
- Assist with Contractor supervision during shutdowns
- Assist the Supervisors and planners with weekly and shutdown plan development
- The requisitioning of parts and materials, the timely processing of work orders with correct and technically competent information
- Develop and maintain Safe Work Procedures
- Provide support to the Mechanical and Operations Teams as directed.
You will have:
- WA “A” Class Electrical Workers License
- HV switching ticket and experience
- Instrumentation experience is highly desirable, as well as a sound knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC
- Extensive process plant experience preferably in a gold processing plant
- Strong experience and knowledge of a CMMS system, such as SAP or AMT
- Solid interpersonal and written communication skills, with good working knowledge of the MS office suite
- Current manual driver’s license as a minimum.
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.