Underground Truck Operator
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking Operator Truck Drivers to work underground in our Granny Smith operation.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground, you will be responsible for the operation of underground trucks as directed in a safe, effective, and efficient manner to meet operational requirements.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth, or DIDO for local community.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
Duties of the role:
- Be organized and prepared to undertake all assigned tasks by the Supervisor
- Hand overs and technical support to be shown to the team
- Demonstration of excellent housekeeping standards.
- Operate machines to achieve the required production levels
- Ensure all pre-starts are completed and arrive fit for work for all rostered days
- Report all activities accurately to Pitram including loading location and nature of material.
- Displayed operating underground trucks in an underground environment
- Have sound understanding of machinery and care of mobile mechanical equipment.
- Valid driver’s vehicle license
- Current Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights card
- Apply First Aid Certification is a nice to have
- Eager to learn new roles and develop within the underground crews
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.