Mechanical Mobile Supervisor
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gold Fields – St Ives is currently seeking a Supervisor: Mechanical (Mobile) to join their Surface Mining Maintenance Team.
Reporting to the Coordinator: Mobile Maintenance, you will be responsible for the assignment and follow up of scheduled work and priority unplanned jobs. This role provides crew leadership, ensuring quality assurance and quality control (QAQC) while working within cost and equipment availability targets of the underground mining equipment is achieved.
This role is offered on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster and would require for the candidate to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Manage the day to day activities of the Surface Maintenance team in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring awareness of performance targets
- Ensure the activities of Surface Maintenance personnel are consistently aligned with the goal of meeting operational targets by conducting regular inspections and audits specifically checking compliance of established standards and procedures in relation to safety & production issues.
- Assist with development, implementation and monitoring of new maintenance procedures, processes and technology to ensure the safe and efficient operation of assets
- Ensure minimal disruption to production through the ready access to critical parts & equipment and service providers by developing and maintaining good working relationships with external companies and having contingency plans in place to source these at short notice if required.
- Provide ongoing leadership and mentoring for direct reports through effective use of the Performance Management System.
- Provide onsite mentoring, training, and effective supervision of Apprentices
- Ensure organisational capability and a quality orientation by the utilisation of relevant reports using SAP or similar to monitor reliability, availability and cost effectiveness of all assets under control
- Recognised Trade Qualification with experience in a leadership position within a mining environment, including performance development/Management
- Previous experience in Komatsu and Caterpillar fleets would be advantageous, but not essential
- Holding a valid WA drivers license is mandatory;
- Recognised Trade Qualification with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership position within a mining environment, including performance development/Management
- Experience in using AMT, SAP, INX, Word and Excel programs, Exposure in ICAM investigation practises
- Knowledge and application mines safety and inspection regulations including classified plant obligations is essential
- Demonstration of working in a proactive planned maintenance environment with a drive for reliability Centred maintenance
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.