Charge Up Operator
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields – St Ives is currently seeking an Operator: Charge Up to join their Hamlet Underground Mining team.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground Production, you will be responsible for providing quality and timely blasting services in the underground environment. This will assist in timely production to recover targeted ore to ensure operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
This role is offered on 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off, 11-hour roster and would be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Bus transportation is offered to and from site daily and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
- 6 % Site Allowance, Private Health Insurance Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Corporate discount for gym membership
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
About the role:
- Maintain a working knowledge of and commitment to all relevant task instructions and procedures, ensure that these are consistently adhered when carrying out operational tasks, assisting colleagues to do the same and seeking the advice & support of the Mining Shift Supervisor as required
- Achieve production targets through the diligent application of explosive blasting services that will provide targeted ore in the desired form for bogging with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Support the efficient operation of the underground mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge to minimise down time
- Working in a safe manner to achieve the production goals of the mine
- Assist in the provision of preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organising the timely repair of operating equipment
- Action all allocated tasks in accordance with current site environmental policies including the requirements to control, contain, clean-up and communicate all environmental spills with particular attention to oil and hydraulic leaks
- Undertake audits and ensure compliance with the sites explosive management plan and external statutory requirements relating to explosives management and use
- 5 years’ experience in underground operations
- 1 years’ experience with underground charge up crew would be advantageous to your application
- Previous Charmec emulsion machine exposure highly desirable
- Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights Ticket is required
- Valid “C” WA drivers licence and Shotfirer’s licence are essential
- Apply First Aid ticket is desirable
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields/australia.com
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.