Mine Control Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields – Granny Smith is currently seeking a Supervisor: Mine Control to join their Mining department.
Reporting to the Unit manager: Underground Mining. You will be responsible for ensuring data integrity of all mining physicals and equipment states. You will be providing technical support to mining supervisors and coordinators to effective operation of the mine from a control room situation. Ensuring safety interactions are communicated and managed. Maximising the hour-to-hour ore/waste production, improving productivity and compliance to plan in a safe and efficient manner.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off, 4 days on 3 days off and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Virgin Velocity reward points and Salary Sacrifice options
Duties of the role:
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Mine Control team, and Lead of the Integrated Platform transition
- Provide technical coaching to the mining team of new process and software
- Daily support to database control and administration of the department
- Support supervisors and operators in achieving targets and compliance to plan
- Liaise with stakeholders to improve processes and integrity of data, including producing management reports in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform regular audits to ensure documented systems and processes are followed by operators and Mine Controllers to ensure the integrity of the data
- Perform regular audits on the database to ensure its integrity.
- Contribute or update procedures and documentation for the correct and effective operation of the control room
- Serve as central communication personnel for mine production and safety, including emergency events
- Previous experience leading an integrated planning process with a Fleet Management System (FMS) preferably in Underground Mining, or
- Previous experience as an Underground Production Engineer wanting to expand your career into operation and people management.
- Previous experience in an automated mine highly desirable.
- Experience in data base administration, data analyses and resource planning preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, and complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OHS legislative requirements will further strengthen your application.
- Valid Manual Driver’s Licence.
- Senior First Aid is an asset.
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.