Dump Truck Operator - Underground
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gold Fields is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join their Surface Mining Team at St Ives Gold Mine.
As a Truck Operator, you will drive surface mobile machinery to recover ore, and work to ensure targets are met safely and timely following operational standards.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are always adhered to.
- Hauling loads, working collaboratively with team members, and ensuring ore loading & delivery is undertaken to plan;
- Maintaining a working knowledge of and commitment to all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out operational tasks;
- Supporting the efficient operation of the mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and potential loss of production;
- Achieving production targets by applying knowledge operating equipment to undertake ore handling (loading, movement and unloading, understanding cycle times) activities in the most safe and efficient manner.
- Be comfortable working in team environment
- Previous experience in Surface Mining operations operating haul trucks and water carts is essential.
- C’ Class Drivers License is compulsory; HR driver’s license is desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of safety standards and work behaviour
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.