Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Shotfirer to join their Drill and Blast Team in the Surface Mining Department at St Ives Gold Mine. Reporting to the Senior Shotfirer, you will be responsible for providing quality and timely blasting services.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered as residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie on an 8 days on 6 days off roster. Bus transportation is offered to and from site for residential candidates.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Salary sacrifice options
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
About the role:
- Ensure the handling and use of explosives is in compliance with the Mines Regulations, Dangerous Goods Act and site procedures.
- Maintain designated explosives storage areas in compliance to mining legislation and undertake QA explosives audits.
- Assist the company and your team to achieve zero harm by actively identifying and reporting all hazards to your supervisor which will help to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with site environmental policies including the requirements to Control/Contain/Cleanup/Communicate all environmental spills.
- Ensure production goals are achieved by working collaboratively with the mining team.
- HR Licence is essential
- Dangerous Goods security card
- WA Shot Firers Ticket is essential
- Minimum 1 year experience in Surface Mining operations in a similar position
- Mechanically minded, understanding of machinery, knowledge of engines, drive systems and demonstrated care of equipment would be desirable
- Apply First Aid certificate would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.