Job Type: Full time
Gruyere Gold Mine is a 50:50 joint venture between Gold Fields Ltd and Gold Road Resources. It is located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt, approximately 200km east of Laverton in the north-eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields, and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. This newly constructed mine site is one of Australia’s largest and lowest cost gold mining operations boasting a plant production of 300,000+ ounces per annum with an enviable production profile of more than 10 years.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the coordination of electrical engineering related projects and maintenance work for all facilities and associated infrastructure to meet current and anticipated demand. All duties must be in alignment with Gold Fields standards whilst maintaining strict compliance with relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture, and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is based on 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Retention bonuses
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employee Assistance Program
About the role:
- Direct the activities of contractors in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that they are aware of performance targets, have the necessary tools to achieve these, and that their activities are aligned with Company targets.
- Assist the company to achieve production targets through the timely completion of tasks by demonstrating knowledge in interpreting and understanding of plans, drawings, and schedules, systematically working to achieve planned outcomes, and assisting the team wherever necessary.
- Ensure organisational capability by using relevant SAP & AMT reports to monitor the reliability, availability, and cost-effectiveness of all assets under control.
- Contribute to long-term sustainability through the identification, coordination, and management of energy-related projects including the review and implementation of improved energy efficiency across existing infrastructure and equipment.
- Involvement in downtime investigations and root cause analysis along with critical spares analysis/optimisation.
- Supervising internal & external contractors and Graduate Engineers.
- Tertiary or Trade qualification in Electrical, Process Control, or related discipline
- Experience in a similar role with knowledge of HV reticulation, fixed plant equipment, and infrastructure services
- Sound understanding of legislative and statutory requirements and security standards
- Experience in fixed plant operation including distribution of high and low voltage electricity, PLCs and SCADA, LV Drives & Instrumentation
- Yokogawa Centum VP and MicroStation CAD experience are highly desirable
- Experience developing maintenance strategies for HV and LV assets
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance, and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Stability - strong life of mine
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Short travel times