Senior Pit Technician
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, South Africa, Ghana, Peru, Canada and Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) is located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. Gruyere was commissioned in 2019 and is one of Australia's largest and lowest cost gold mining operations boasting a plant production of 300,000+ ounces per annum with an enviable production profile in excess of 10 years.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, you will lead a team of pit technicians and provide quality mine geology services and wok collaboratively with the broader mining team to maximise return from the operation.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Increased annual leave entitlements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Consistently achieve mining production and development targets by interaction with the Geology Team on a daily basis to ensure that daily work activities are fully planned, coordinated and accurate;
- Assisting geological personnel with daily grade control and production activities including collecting samples from drilling, ore spotting and completing ore mark ups;
- Supervise and manage the geology pit technician team through planning daily and weekly work schedule to ensure performance delivery;
- Application of trained and educated skills, knowledge and acquired experience to perform a task and deliver concrete results;
- Development of skills, knowledge, experience to enhance task performance and deliver concrete results;
- Complete all tasks associated with the daily and weekly sample dispatch services to the assay laboratory;
- Ensuring a safe work environment by ensuring work areas are kept clean, tidy and free of hazards;
- Keeping track of consumables, requesting quotes from suppliers & ordering as necessary;
- Liaising with business partners to ensure required tasks are completed minimising impact to production;
- Assisting in managing near mine exploration activities.
- Prior proven experience in a similar role within the mining industry – preferably gold
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous exposure to open pit mining
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.