HD Fitter - Surface
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gold Fields - St Ives is currently seeking a Technician: Mechanical (Mobile) to join their Maintenance Surface Mining team. Responsible for providing quality and timely preventative maintenance and repairs on the Surface Mobile Equipment fleet, ensuring operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on and 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off roster, and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repair of mine vehicles;
- Providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and potential loss of production;
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures to ensure they are consistently adhered to;
- Completing all administrative requirements associated with maintenance duties, such as ordering of parts and materials, processing of maintenance orders, recording of labour time using AMT and SAP;
- Assisting with the training and mentoring of apprentices and trainees;
- Having successfully completed certificate III trade in Heavy Duty / Mobile Plant Fitting;
- Previous experience in Komatsu and Caterpillar fleets would be advantageous, but not essential
- Holding a valid WA drivers license is mandatory;
- Tickets and certificates such as Apply First Aid, Crane, Dogging, EWP and Forklift are advantageous
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.