Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team, providing issues, receipts, and transport of goods to meet site customer requirements ensuring a high level of customer focus.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered as a 6 month maximum term contract to cover parental leave residential position in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie on a 5 days on, 2 days off and 4 days on and 3 days off roster. Bus transportation is offered to and from site for residential candidates and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Support with the minimising the potential of mining and processing downtime by proactively managing stock on hand of critical spares and consumables to ensure availability when required;
- Assist and provide ongoing operational guidance, safety awareness and leadership through mentoring of your team;
- Collaborate with the accounting team to complete end of month fuel and reagent reconciliations reports;
- Store inventory received within the warehouse in an effective and efficient manner by utilising SAP;
- Effective management of the Stocktaking procedure;
- Communicate and collaborate with Perth Supply Chain Purchasing, Inventory and Contracts teams regularly.
- Experience in Supply in a mining environment
- Experience in leading and motivating teams
- Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics (Warehousing & Storage)
- A valid manual Drivers’ Licence, High-Risk license, Forklift ticket, Senior First Aid and Dangerous Goods Card
- Software experience within SAP, Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Excellent time management, strong communication skills and innovation to this successful team
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.