Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) is located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. Gruyere was commissioned in 2019 and is one of Australia's largest and lowest cost gold mining operations boasting a plant production of 300,000+ ounces per annum with an enviable production profile in excess of 10 years.
Reporting to the Coordinator: Fixed Plant Mechanical Coordinator, you will be responsible for the assignment and follow up of scheduled work and priority planned and unplanned jobs. This role provides crew leadership, ensuring quality assurance and quality control (QA QC) while working within cost and equipment availability targets of the Fixed plant.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth or Drive in Drive out from the Goldfields region.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Manage the day to day activities of the Underground Maintenance team in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring awareness of performance targets
- Manage shutdown and planning responsibilities
- Ensure the activities of Underground Maintenance personnel are consistently aligned with the goal of meeting operational targets by conducting regular inspections and audits specifically checking compliance of established standards and procedures in relation to safety & production issues.
- Assist with development, implementation and monitoring of new maintenance procedures, processes and technology to ensure the safe and efficient operation of assets
- Ensure minimal disruption to production through the ready access to critical parts & equipment and service providers by developing and maintaining good working relationships with external companies and having contingency plans in place to source these at short notice if required.
- Provide ongoing leadership and mentoring for direct reports through effective use of the Performance Management System.
- Ensure organisational capability and a quality orientation by the utilisation of relevant reports using SAP or similar to monitor reliability, availability and cost effectiveness of all assets under control
- C' Class manual Drivers License
- Exposure to Atlas, CAT and Sandvik underground mining equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively with operations and other departments
- Recognised Trade Qualification with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership position within a mining environment, including performance development/Management
- Experience in using AMT, SAP, INX, Word and Excel programs, Exposure in ICAM investigation practises
- Knowledge and application mines safety and inspection regulations including classified plant obligations is essential
- Demonstration of working in a proactive planned maintenance environment with a drive for reliability Centred maintenance
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.