Mechanical Technician - Cosmos
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance team at our Cosmos Nickel Project.
This role is responsible for delivering preventative and corrective equipment maintenance in order to optimise the productivity of the plant and availability of company assets. Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, key accountabilities will include:
- Regular ongoing maintenance of equipment across the Cosmos mine site including but not limited to the underground fixed plant, processing plant, paste plant, TSF, non-process infrastructure, village and workshop;
- Mechanical fitting;
- You will be expected to regularly perform other mechanical duties within your capabilities and at the direction of your Supervisor;
- Report all faults and ensure that repairs are carried out;
- Complete detailed risk assessment tools prior to performing any work tasks;
- Suggest new and varied solutions to problems to improve existing work practices and procedures to your Supervisor; and
- Work independently and in teams where necessary to ensure own and individual goals and objectives are achieved.
This is a permanent, full time position, working an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas). Other variations of this roster will be considered.
You will be joining a workplace that offers a supportive, welcoming culture where your efforts will be valued. On site you will stay in a well-maintained camp with fantastic facilities and your own permanent room.
At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance offering access to Health and Wellness programs and ongoing training and development opportunities. Alongside an attractive remuneration package, we also offer health insurance for you and your family to the value of $5000, 12% superannuation and short-term bonus opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with a strong commitment to workplace safety. You will also have the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualification;
- Developed written and verbal communication and literacy skills;
- Current Working at Heights certification;
- Current Confined Space Entry certification;
- Equipment experience on jaw crushers, conveyors, bins, chutes, apron feeders, mills, slurry pumps, agitators, slurry piping, etc; and
- Solid understanding of processing plants including crushing, milling, flotation, and dewatering.
- EWP (highly regarded);
- Fabrication and welding experience;
- Crane (CN) ticket (highly regarded);
- Forklift ticket (highly regarded);
- Rigging ticket;
- Scaffold ticket; and
- CMMS experience (Pronto).
We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.