Head of Risk & Compliance
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless, and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
You will be based in our beautiful corporate office in South Perth, overlooking the Swan River, where you will be immersed in a collaborative, supportive and fun culture and your efforts will be valued and rewarded. Along with flexible working arrangements you will have access to benefits that include competitive remuneration with 12% Super and a bonus plan, a company share scheme, private health insurance and generous paid parental leave. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Head of Risk and Compliance will lead IGO’s risk management strategy, engage with departments, the executive leadership team and the Board as well as ensure continuous improvement of the risk management framework.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Drive program of work to implement and embed risk management framework;
- Drive the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of risk and compliance methodologies, policies and procedures, including department level risk and obligation registers;
- Lead the identification, implementation, management and continuous improvement of risk management software;
- Develop and implement processes to educate internal stakeholders in risk management and compliance practices;
- Contribute to management of internal audit plan, including providing guidance to internal stakeholders on scope and planning;
- Develop, implement and drive engagement with department level compliance performance reporting and provision of accurate reporting to the Executive Leadership Team and Audit & Risk Committee in line with agreed reporting timetables; and
- Provide leadership, direction, resources and a work environment that will encourage your team to actively contribute.
The ideal candidate will have extensive working knowledge of risk management and compliance practices and assessment techniques in a senior, operational risk or compliance role in the mining and resources or construction sectors. As well as being approachable and collaborative you will also have demonstrated leadership capability in a similar role. The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a commercial discipline such as commerce, finance, accounting, law or equivalent;
- Post graduate qualifications or certification in risk or compliance would be highly regarded;
- Prior experience working in a multi stakeholder or multi operational environment;
- The ability to adapt quickly and work efficiently in a growing and changing environment;
- A shared alignment with IGO values; and
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at the highest level.
For more information or for a confidential discussion please contact Kate Mosel on 6330 8438. If this sounds like you please click “Apply” to submit an application.