Maintenance Technician - Plumber
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Roster: 8:6, FIFO full-time permanent
Location: Forrestania Nickel Operation, FIFO ex-Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas)
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, significant bonus opportunity, share options, private health insurance, flexible work options, 16 weeks paid parental leave, volunteer leave + more
We are seeking a motivated Camp Plumber for our Forrestania Nickel Operation. The responsibility of this role is to provide all planned and breakdown work across company owned mining camp facility assets.
You will be joining a workplace that offers a supportive, welcoming culture where your efforts will be valued. On site you will stay in a well-maintained camp with fantastic facilities and your own permanent room.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, your key accountabilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of safety, health and environmental awareness whilst complying with all relevant policies and procedures;
- Execute all the camp plumbing maintenance activities to high standards within manufacturer recommendations;
- Ensure daily maintenance routines are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ability to work autonomously with a strong focus on maintenance reliability;
- Sign off on daily, weekly, monthly and statutory checks and report any defects;
- Actively participate to improve and sustain a positive safety culture across the organisation; and
- Drive the continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure IGO maintains industry best practice.
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with a strong safety focus. You will also have the following:
- Plumbing trade qualification or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a Mining, Infrastructure water systems and piping network environment;
- Working in confined space certification;
- The ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the Company;
- Proficient computer software skills including Microsoft office. Pronto experience would be an advantage;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two (2) months;
- A current “C” class WA driver’s license.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to deliver clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume.
‘We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’
We believe in a world where people’s power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce, and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.