Location: Sir Samuel
Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster: 8:6, FIFO full-time permanent
Location: Cosmos, FIFO ex-Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas)
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, bonus opportunity, share options, private health insurance, flexible work options, 16 weeks paid parental leave, volunteer leave + more.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Exciting things are happening at IGO, including the development of the Odysseus Underground Nickel Mine at our Cosmos Project based near Leinster in Western Australia. Once in production, Odysseus will deliver high quality nickel concentrates into the global nickel market which is growing rapidly driven by demand for nickel rich lithium-ion batteries.
Our vision is to make Cosmos one of the most sustainable mining operations in Australia – and planning is currently underway to install a hybrid power station, which will generate electricity using multiple sources of energy; including wind, solar, battery, and diesel/gas reciprocating engines.
The main responsibility of this role will be to undertake the environmental air, water and soil sampling activities within the operation in accordance with Cosmos Environmental Management Plan whilst maintaining compliance with relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure a safe work environment by adhering to site procedures;
- Participate in safety meetings and report hazards using designated reporting systems;
- Undertake monitoring of environmental impacts through air, soil and water sampling; and
- Encourage good environmental stewardship across site teams and with regional stakeholders.
You will be joining a workplace that offers a supportive, welcoming culture where your efforts will be valued.
Together with a collaborative approach and highly motivated attitude, you will also have significant experience working in a similar role, along with the following:
- Previous experience working as a Technician/ Field Assistant;
- Demonstrated practical experience in the mining sector;
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science (desirable);
- Highly effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability in continuous improvement;
- Current ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel; and,
- A strong emphasis on environment, health, safety and wellbeing.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to deliver clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a covering letter.
‘We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’
We believe in a world where people’s power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce, and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.