Mine Engineer - Planning
Location: Sir Samuel
Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster: 8:6, FIFO full-time permanent
Location: Cosmos Nickel Project, FIFO ex Perth (or DIDO from surrounding areas)
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, 20% bonus opportunity, share options, private health insurance, flexible work options, 26 weeks paid parental leave, volunteer leave + more.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Exciting things are happening at IGO, including the development of the Odysseus Underground Nickel Mine at our Cosmos Operation based near Leinster in Western Australia. Once in production, Odysseus will deliver high quality nickel concentrates into the global nickel market which is growing rapidly driven by demand for nickel rich lithium-ion batteries.
We are currently seeking an experienced Underground Mine Engineer - Planning to join the Technical Services team at our Cosmos Operation.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the development, commissioning and ramp up of the underground mine.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and scheduling of new work areas and life-of-mine infrastructure.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Planning Engineer the focus of this role is to complete mine design and scheduling functions.
Key accountabilities will also include:
- Undertaking medium-term mine scheduling activities including generation of the three-month rolling schedule;
- Area and level design and optimisation of stoping areas;
- Lateral and vertical development design;
- Stope design, optimisation and preparation of stope extraction notes;
- Mine services design including service holes and air, water, dewatering and electrical reticulation calculations;
- Planning, coordinating, and undertaking project work to establish mine planning processes and continuously improve mine performance.
We are on the hunt for a strong collaborator and communicator who:
- Possesses a relevant tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Has completed underground time to meet First Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency requirements (desirable);
- Has significant underground mining experience with sound knowledge of drill and blast, stope design and mine scheduling;
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Has experience with Deswik software (preferred), including Deswik.Sched; and;
- Has a C Class Drivers Licence and National Police Clearance.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to deliver clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a covering letter.
‘We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’
We believe in a world where people’s power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce, and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.