Senior Learning and Development Advisor - Exploration
Location: South Perth
Job Type: Full time
Roster: Permanent full-time
Location: South Perth Corporate Office with regular travel to our regional exploration sites
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, significant STIP / LTIP opportunity, fully paid Private Health Insurance, flexible work options, 26 weeks parental leave, volunteer leave + more
The primary focus of this Senior Advisor Learning & Development is to establish and implement an Exploration specific training system with associated processes, prioritising our high-risk field activities. The role will also develop and deliver training packages and competency verification, working with the Exploration Safety Team to deliver excellence in training outcomes across Exploration.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide support, guidance and advice to managers and supervisors on all matters relating to learning and development (including training);
- Identify and evaluate individual and organisational training and development needs across Exploration;
- Develop and deliver training that will directly maintain and increase the capability of our field-based Exploration teams;
- Work closely with the Learning and Development function and other IGO business units to maintain alignment and consistency of processes and systems;
- Drive the continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure IGO maintains industry best practice; and
- Influence and drive commitment to the Learning and Development function.
Within this role you will:
- Use instructional design methodologies to create learning programs, workshop materials and other documentation that support adult learning principles (utilising eLearning, instructor-led training, and blended learning solutions);
- Work in a competency-based training environment developing and implementing assessment of competencies (VOC’s);
- Identify and analyse training needs and gaps to understand where high value training opportunities exist;
- Research and procure external training programs to address competency gaps;
- Apply traditional and modern L&D methods (e.g., mentoring, coaching, on-the-job, virtual, classroom, blended, e-learning, 70:20:10, etc) as appropriate;
- Apply the MSIA and MSIR, AS/NZ Standards and relevant codes of practice;
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis of L&D activities, ensuring compliance is maintained; and
- Project management, including managing budgets, multiple stakeholders and meeting deadlines.
Our preferred candidate will have experience in the Mining or Exploration industry with exposure to remote field-based environments. You will be collaborative with a customer focussed approach and strong organisational skills that will enable you to manage and prioritise a wide range of competing tasks and priorities. Additionally, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and/or tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline;
- Proficient in creating e-learnings using Articulate 360 or similar design software;
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, LMS (Success Factor & INX advantageous) and other training technology platforms;
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary learning and development practices;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in program and course design, development and production with a flexible learning approach (essential);
- Proven experience in instructional design, creating high-quality blended training programs that promote learner engagement;
- Facilitation experience, with the ability to present information in a clear and engaging manner;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence, and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a covering letter.
Exciting things are happening at IGO! We are in a period of growth and that means new and exciting career opportunities. If you have ever wanted to join us, now is the time. We offer a supportive, welcoming culture where your efforts will be valued. At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance offering access to Health and Wellness programs including fully paid Private Health cover for you and your family. You will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities including an established Mentor Program and will also receive an attractive remuneration package and be included in our Incentive Program (bonus opportunity).
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
‘We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’