Location: Sir Samuel
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Roster: 8:6, 4:3 FIFO ex-Perth or DIDO surrounding areas, Permanent Full Time
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, 20% bonus opportunity, private health insurance, share options, 26 weeks parental leave, ongoing training and development opportunities.
IGO is an ASX 100 listed company focused on creating a better planet for future generations by discovering, developing, and delivering products critical to clean energy. We own and operate the Nova nickel-copper-cobalt operation, Forrestania Nickel operation and the Cosmos Nickel operation - all based right here in WA. Our company and team is growing and we want to hear from you!
Exciting things are happening at IGO, including the development of the Odysseus Underground Nickel Mine at our Cosmos Project based near Leinster in Western Australia. Once in production, Cosmos will deliver high quality nickel concentrates into the global nickel market which is growing rapidly driven by demand for nickel rich lithium-ion batteries.
We are seeking a highly motivated Processing Manager to oversee our nickel processing plant. This is a rare opportunity to lead and drive a newly established team towards plant commissioning which is anticipated in the coming months. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities associated with running a processing plant in a safe and efficient manner.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Oversee day to day operations of the processing plant including monitoring metrics, identifying areas for improvement and implementing strategies to increase efficiency and productivity;
- Foster a culture of safety, accountability and continuous improvement within the processing team;
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of skilled processing professionals;
- Be the alternate SSE when required;
- Develop and manage the processing department budget; and
- Ensure safety and environmental standards are met at all times.
You must possess a strong commitment to safety and as well as the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the mining industry;
- Leadership experience in a multidisciplinary environment, preferably in a base metals processing plant;
- Experience with budgeting and project management;
- Previous exposure to commissioning would be advantageous;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and engage at all levels within the business;
- Self-motivated and well organised to ensure the timely delivery of tasks assigned to the role;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
We believe in a world where people’s power makes amazing things happen. Where technology opens up new horizons and clean energy makes the planet a better place for every generation to come. We have big aspirations to explore, develop, produce, and partner to achieve our strategy to become a globally relevant, premium producer of energy storage and distribution minerals.