Location: Sir Samuel
Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster: 8:6, 4:3 FIFO ex-Perth or DIDO surrounding areas, Permanent Full Time
Location: Cosmos Nickel Mine
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, significant bonus opportunity, private health insurance, share options, 26 weeks paid parental leave, ongoing training and development opportunities
IGO is an ASX 100 listed company focused on creating a better planet for future generations by discovering, developing, and delivering products critical to clean energy. We own and operate the Nova nickel-copper-cobalt operation, Forrestania Nickel operation and the Cosmos Nickel operation - all based right here in WA. Our company and team is growing and we want to hear from you!
Exciting things are happening at IGO, including the development of the Odysseus Underground Nickel Mine at our Cosmos Project based near Leinster in Western Australia. Once in production, Cosmos will deliver high quality nickel concentrates into the global nickel market which is growing rapidly driven by demand for nickel rich lithium-ion batteries.
We are seeking an experienced Superintendent Geology to provide technical leadership whilst maintaining responsibility for all geology considerations related to the mining operations at Cosmos. This includes leading the underground mine geology team, resource extension drilling, monthly reconciliations, mine grade control and geological reporting. It is an exciting time to join Cosmos as we ramp up production and this is a great opportunity to advance your career to the next level.
Reporting to the Manager Mining, you will have an unwavering approach to safety as well as a desire to coach, mentor and lead your team to success.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- B.Sc. in Geology accompanied by significant experience in a similar role within a hard rock environment;
- Demonstrated success leading teams, including contractors, with a hands-on and collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in sampling, Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC), block modelling, advanced grade estimation techniques, and reconciliation;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong literacy, and presentation skills;
- High level of computer literacy, strong Datamine and Leapfrog skills preferred; with some exposure to Deswik;
- Ability to develop systems, procedures and processes for the geology department to facilitate the transition to full time production;
- A focus on continuous improvement to achieve/exceed industry best practices;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual driver’s licence; and,
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a covering letter.
At IGO we are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant