Business Development Manager
Location: South Perth
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to help you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will help support our ambitious growth plans through the identification of new opportunities viable merger and acquisition opportunities, strategic transactions and opportunistic investments.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Lead the end-to-end M&A process including target identification, due diligence, negotiations, planning and deal management activities;
- Develop and implement corporate development strategies and initiatives in line with IGO’s strategic objectives and inorganic growth pipeline;
- Provide strategic analysis and advice to the Head of Business Development and Executive;
- Identify production and exploration opportunities that will support group strategic direction and deliver growth and value to IGO shareholders;
- Provide debt capital markets and equity capital markets advice to the Executive, liaising with relevant institutions to explore optimal funding solutions and structuring analysis and support;
- Provide leadership, direction, resources and a work environment that will encourage your team to actively contribute;
- Develop and maintain networking relationships across industry trends and new business opportunities; and
- Review and engage in negotiating agreements on behalf of IGO.
Our value proposition to you includes the following:
- An attractive remuneration package featuring Reward and Recognition incentives including short term incentive opportunities, Length of Service, access to Company Shares, a generous Paid Parental Leave Policy and Car Leasing options;
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, building your professional network via conference event participation, formal training programs including the IGO-sponsored Practical MBA / Post Graduate program, and an established Mentor Program;
- Access to our Health and Wellness programs and Flexible Work options;
- Relocation assistance (if required).
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a corporate development role which may have been gained from a diverse background in investment banking or within a resources company. As well as being approachable and collaborative you will also have demonstrated success in a similar role. As a leader within the IGO business, you will have an open communication style and champion an environment that fosters creative ideas and innovative solutions. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated capability in transaction due diligence and execution within the mining and resources sector;
- A shared value alignment with IGO, particularly around the clean energy space;
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills;
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at the highest level;
- Proven experience acting in an Advisory capacity to the Executive;
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Finance or related field (Masters degree preferred);
- Thorough working knowledge of, and ability to comply with legislative Act(s) and/or regulations applicable to Mergers and Acquisitions, Due Diligence and Investor Relations.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume.
‘We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’