Management Accountant - ACT
Job Type: Full time
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets.
As the Management Accountant, you will will provide strategic financial/commercial analysis, guidance and advice to the Jemena Network Services Business Unit, which is part of Services & Projects (Zinfra), to influence and shape business outcomes and to actively support the achievement of the Groups' Strategic Plan.
This position is the key finance business partner supporting the delivery of services and projects to ACT, Jemena Evoenergy and Inventory & Warehouse business units. It is also responsible for providing detailed financial and commercial support.
You will partner closely with both Finance and Operational teams as a trusted advisor, responsible for driving sound financial performance towards the Business Unit goals.
A little about you and your core experience:
- Knowledge of energy sector / utilities preferable
- Provide key analytics and insights into special projects
- Finance project support - such as strategic / value add decision making, revenue mix, claims, pricing
- Preparation and Analysis of capital works (CAPEX) and operating budgets (OPEX) and monitor and report on financial performance against targets including developing variance commentary
- Analysis of the cost drivers and forward forecasting of the costs
- Comprehensive experience of complex budgeting and forecasting within a large organisation
- Experience with month end, general ledger postings and journals, day to day support of financial decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with a team of finance professionals and matrix reporting structures
Qualifications & Systems experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Commerce, Finance
- Post Graduate qualification (CA / CPA) or working towards obtaining one
- Strong understanding of SAP and BI (Business Objects and BPC)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in BI & SAP systems (preferably FI/CO/CATS/PS/HR/PM)
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.