Group HSE Manager - Operations
Job Type: Full time
- Hybrid working flexibility and supporting the way you work!
- Enjoy an additional 2 weeks of purchased leave + primary & secondary parental leave
- Be part of a forward thinking & diversely inclusive culture and supportive leaders
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning 'to hear, listen and think'. We operate more than $11.5 billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset, so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 - Jobs For Women.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
Here's an overview of our role:
We seek to appoint an experienced and energetic Group HSE Manager - Operations to join our HSE leadership team. Ideally based from Melbourne, this key leadership role provides strategic support and alignment of our HSE approach to the Operational areas across the Group.
With a workforce spanning the East Coast and circa 1800 employees plus subcontractors, the Group HSE Manager has primary accountability to ensure the HSE strategy, system and approach to sustainable performance improvement is articulated, implemented and embedded across the Group's operational business units.
A little about you:
- Considerable experience in leading and providing advice regarding HSE within a large, high risk industrial organisation
- Demonstrable experience in HSE cultural change programs including relevant knowledge and experience in implementing maturity models
- Well-versed in the implementation, monitoring and improvement of risk based HSE systems and assurance programs
- Highly developed ability to engage and influence a range of key stakeholders inclusive of Senior Leadership, Field Supervisors, relevant regulatory bodies, unions, industry associations, clients and customers
- Solid working knowledge of Australian HSE legislative frameworks
- Tertiary qualifications in OHS, Environment or Risk Management
Success of the role will be measured by your ability to implement and embed the HSE strategy across operational business units. To do this, you will successfully build relationships with leaders and members of the HSE team, driving performance outcomes that put the health and wellbeing of people and the protection of the environment first.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.