Job Type: Full time
At Zinfra, we are focused on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to operate and maintain gas facilities and pipelines. You will play an integral part of the Gas Transmission and Networks maintenance team and will be working on state-of-the-art facilities along with the operations of the pipeline and easements.
About the role:
In this position, you will be responsible for completing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on such assets including by not limited to Trunk Receiving Stations, Package Offtake Stations, Primary Regulating Station, Transmission Pipelines, Distribution Network, Renewable Energy Assets and Compressor Stations. Other activities will include:
- Maintenance and calibration of electronic measurement instrument, maintenance of valves and other mechanical equipment associated with gas transmission
- Supporting project works including design input and review input
- HAZOP and HAZID attendance
- Undertake maintenance in accordance with Jemena/Zinfra Policies and Procedures
- Establish and maintain a Safe Worksite complying with all OHS&E requirements
The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience of AS2885 assets with proven experience working as a member of an Operations and Maintenance team.
- AS2885 Transmission Gas experience (preferred)
- Experience overseeing contractors and providing direction
- High analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations and prioritize workloads
- Good computer skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to identify and analyse issues, consider options and communicate options for a solution
- A team player who can work using their own initiative
- A safety focused attitude
You will require the following qualifications:
- Current NSW Electrical Worker Licence
- Instrumentation & Control (Cert III or Greater)
- Valid Driver's license
- Hazardous Areas certified
- Type B Appliance certified - preferred
- Confined Space trained - preferred
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities, and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and national police.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.