Pipeline Patrol Officer
Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women's Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities, and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
At Zinfra, we are focused on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Pipeline Patrol Officer to ensure the safe operation, maintenance and integrity of the gas distribution & transmission assets to maintain supply meeting KPI and contractual obligations.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Undertake pipeline surveillance activities of licensed and unlicensed pipelines
- Co-ordinate, monitor and undertake routine maintenance work on pipelines easements
- Carry out exposed gas mains inspections
- Liaise with landholders and public authorities when applicable
- Daily reporting providing detailed information of daily work activities, work progress, completion and activity reports from aerial patrols
- Responding to incidents and emergencies
- Issue warning notification to third parties found excavating around the assets
- Provide service as after-hours Duty Controller as determined by the On-call roster
- Proven experience working within the gas industry
- Qualification &/experience in a trade related function would be advantageous
- Ability interpret technical drawings/plans and map reading
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal using various platforms; two way radio, telephone, email, face to face etc)
- Good self-motivation to be able to work autonomously
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Following good OH&S practises
- Current Drivers licence
- OHS Construction Induction Card
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.