Senior HSE Risk & Assurance Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Senior HSE Risk Assurance Specialist
Here's an overview of our role:
We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide subject matter expertise in the field of HSE / Operational risk to proactively identify opportunities to improve performance across the SGSPAA group.
In addition, this role is accountable for the analysis of all relevant data and external factors to aid the identification, design, delivery and implementation of Group HSE assurance activities and continuous improvement initiatives in support of the broader HSE Strategic Framework.
This is to be achieved through proactive identification and analysis of relevant lead and lag data, internal and external influences and the provision of recommended advice specific to the continuous improvement of the HSE Risk and Assurance Framework.
This is a 12 month fixed term fulltime role that may go permanent for the right person.
Your role will also include:
- Proactive collaboration with Operational teams in the identification of HSE risks ensuring that the necessary controls are implemented
- Educate across all levels of the organisation specific to the application of the HSE Risk and Assurance Framework including the use of relevant systems, tools and processes.
- Actively analyse all relevant data and offer informed, risk based recommendations to improve operational HSE performance
- Application of sound Change Management as it relates to all relevant HSE projects, initiatives and systems alterations etc.
- Ongoing analysis of existing HSE systems, processes and performance with the active and specific identification of areas for improvement through the application of Human Factors / HSE Systems integration / Health & Wellbeing considerations
- Ensure an active understanding of the organisation’s operational HSE risk profile and ensure analysis and improvements directly inform and address the risk profile;
- Coordinating annual Group HSE assurance program, including governance, provide insight and support into the development of Business Unit assurance audits, inspections and reviews to ensure HSE standards are upheld and continuously improved.
- Coordinate the annual HSE certification program of external audits, working with operational HSE, operations leaders and external parties to plan, schedule and execute
- Oversee the Group HSE Assurance including the identification, monitoring, measurement and maintenance of the effectiveness of critical controls, prioritising HSE improvement initiatives to ensure resources are directed towards the areas of greatest risk.
A little about you:
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- Tertiary Risk Management Qualification.
- Tertiary OHS/WHS and/or Environment Qualifications.
- Lead Auditor Qualification.
- HSE Management Systems & Certification Knowledge.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of assurance programs including audits.
- Sound knowledge of industrial legislation and application.
- Knowledge of change leadership and effective ways to embed change.
About Us and our culture:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena.
Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key. Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success.
We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women.
We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people.
Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.