Principal Network Planning Engineer
Job Type: Full time
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
Due to an internal promotion within our team, we have an opportunity for You to showcase your technical and leadership experience as a Principal Network Planning Engineer. This opportunity will allow you to guide the network development and system planning of Jemena's electricity network; ensuring we continue to provide sustainable, secure and reliable supply to our customers.
You will be the technical influence for the Network Planning team and engage with both internal and external stakeholders. Support and drive major new connections whilst encompassing industry changing trends, future network strategies and grid transformation requirements. The role will also provide an opportunity for you to coach, mentor and develop a high performing and dynamic team.
A little about you:
- experience with managing, mentoring and nurturing engineers
- comprehensive technical knowledge and experience in the power systems industry along with operating in a competitive commercial environment
- demonstrated ability to provide robust project justifications coupled with advanced vision for the future grid and advancements in technology
- demonstrated stakeholder, regulator and customer management skills
- effective technical communication skills, strong ability to prepare clear and concisely professional network development strategy documents, business cases and technical reports
Qualifications and certifications:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or higher in Electrical Engineering and;
- Chartered and / or Registered Engineer.
- Desirable – higher qualification in technical or business related field.
We provide you with:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.