Finance Systems Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
- Flexible hybrid role, empowered to work your way & agile!
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits!
- Work / life balance focusing on you and your family + additional annual leave options!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning 'to hear, listen and think'. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 - Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
If you are a team lead or looking to take the next step in your career, continue reading. You will provide leadership and support to your amazing and inclusive Finance Systems team. Your role will involve support and implementation of our finance systems and reporting requirements. This is a key role within Finance with future growth opportunities and involves the following:
- sustained business performance through report creation, report maintenance and data analytic requirements
- ensuring accurate financial recording in the General Ledger through the finance systems
- selecting, implementing new systems and system upgrades (solution vs system focus)
- continuous improvement for our system and associated processes
- providing Finance and business users with process and system knowledge and training
A little about you:
- in-depth experience as a system accountant or focusing primarily on advanced technical reporting type roles
- directly involved in implementing and/or enhancing of IT systems in different environments (including planning tools)
- advanced hands-on BI and BO experience, and experience in process improvement and /or continuous improvement projects that are cross-functional
- dealing effectively with people across functional areas and levels
- demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- identification and articulation of key business drivers and measures
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- degree level qualification in IT, Commerce, Accounting or other relevant discipline is essential
- member of CPA or CA Australia is a nice to have but not essential
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in SAP systems, in particular across FI, CO and PS modules. Experience with CATS, HR/Payroll, MM/Purchasing, SD and PM modules advantageous
- understanding of SAP and BI (Business Objects and BPC) or similar
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.