Senior Network Planning Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Jemena is an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
As the Senior Network (Electricity Grid) Planning Engineer, your role will lead the development of the electricity supply network to safely meet supply requirements, optimising costs, capacity, network performance and network losses.
With your expertise you will provide technical leadership and accountability to the business and supports line manager to ensure engineering solution support the asset management, operational and commercial objectives of the business.
A little about you:
- in-depth experience as a senior engineer in an electricity related engineering activity
- comprehensive working knowledge and extensive understanding of distribution networks, zone substations and operations
- up to date knowledge of network planning standards and technical developments in the electricity industry
- detailed knowledge of IT systems used for network planning purposes (load flow packages)
- broad understanding of secondary systems
Qualifications and certifications:
- tertiary qualifications and/or higher in engineering
- entitling membership to Engineers Australia
- desirable – higher qualification in technical or business related field
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace by Family Friendly Workplaces