Senior Corporate Finance Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent role and hybrid flexibility, empowered to work your way & agile
- A focus on work / life balance + additional 2 weeks' of purchased leave
- Primary & secondary parental leave & well-being / family support benefits!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning 'to hear, listen and think'. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 - Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
This is your opportunity to support our Corporate Finance Manager in providing finance strategy, long term financial planning and analysis, financial modelling, strategic project and M&A support.
You will coordinate and collaborate with other Corporate Finance team members in driving and improving relationships and processes with regards to the Group's long term financial management.
- assisting and advising management on the long term finance plan and strategy to support the delivery of the business strategy;
- involvement in the annual target setting process for financial budgets, maintenance and improvement of long term corporate model. and developing and maintaining internal relationships outside of finance with key stakeholders;
- being part of the team to develop and improve analytical and strategic models on key strategic projects and tasks; advise management, Commercial Finance in implementing analytical tools and systems to improve understanding of key business and financial drivers and metrics
- support impairment testing for the group, provide technical accounting input into financial modelling and analytical support to the business
- assist the Investment Manager in month end close for the minority investments
A little about you:
- professional experience in a corporate finance environment
- knowledge of energy sector / utilities preferable, with a high degree of interpersonal skills and demonstrable relationship development
- drives creative solutions to unusual problems, thrives in team environments and conceptualises financial analysis and corporate finance concepts
- identification and articulation of key business drivers and KPI measures, with an ability to write clearly and concisely on complex finance issues in a manner that is understandable to management and the Board
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- degree level qualifications in accounting or commerce is essential
- member of CPA, CA Australia, FINSIA, CFA or working towards
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.