Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
About the role
The Supervisor is responsible for providing supervision to a team of internal employees - performing maintenance and construction works on the EQL network and contractors in the efficient delivery of allocated programs of work within time and cost budgets while managing risks to ensure total asset performance and safety objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities include
- Execute project work plans and implement revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects within the work team and ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Assisting in determining appropriate delivery resources and the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the works programs in conjunction with Project Manager and Workforce Management
- Ensuring that all resources, whether engaged internally or externally, have clearly defined performance criteria established and manage their performance against these criteria
- Promote and implement all health and safety strategies, guidelines and legislation so to ensure workforce compliance and promote a culture of care and concern for the Zinfra team members
- Ensure preparedness for unplanned emergency response through training and rostering of appropriate personnel
The successful applicant will have experience Supervising field staff and considerable working knowledge of construction, maintenance, planning/scheduling work and operational techniques and standards as applied to electrical networks.
- Ability to manage project budgets, to meet and exceed performance expectations
- Proven ability to manage contracts with external service providers
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations and statutory requirements associated with, HSE, Environmental, Employee and Industrial Relations (including awards), Contracts
- Knowledge of relevant codes and regulations, customer service strategies and emergency management experience
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Formal technical and/or trade qualifications - Certificate III in power distribution and current Australian HR Drivers Licence
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest strength and inspiration so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits are key foundational elements on which we have built our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation and respect for community and country is the keystone that locks in place our Group Values.
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability to work hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.