Job Type: Full time
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits!
- Supportive culture that encourages your growth and development!
- Empowered to provide leadership and lead activities!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning 'to hear, listen and think' and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 - Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
In this new and permanent opportunity, You will be empowered to provide strategic leadership and HSE Business partnering and build genuine relationships and trust. As the HSE Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead activities and initiatives that support the implementation of our Group HSE Strategy across business units(BU)s.
Your role is also responsible for supporting the business with environment and sustainability requirements, HSE monitoring programs, systems, and HSE operational support and delivery. You will provide high level coaching and mentoring to BU(s) leaders for delivery of key objectives and HSE related strategies of the BU(s). Furthermore, work with the BU(s) leadership teams to drive a workplace HSE culture defined by risk based systems and proactive behaviours of accountability, ownership, awareness and leadership.
A little about you:
- Significant experience in a role providing leadership and advice regarding HSE within the utilities, services, infrastructure or similar industry.
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation, monitoring and improvement of risk based HSE systems and assurance programs, and effectively managing critical HSE risks and critical incidents.
- Leading a team of HSE professionals who support and partner with operational stakeholders.
- Coaching leaders and empowering teams and managers to support enterprise outcomes.
- Highly developed ability to engage and influence a range of key stakeholders to embed a mature safety culture.
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety, and/or Environment (Preferred) or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of Australian HSE legislative frameworks.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of incident investigation methodologies including the development of remedial actions.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of assurance programs including audits.
- Sound knowledge of industrial legislation and application.
- Change leadership and effective ways to embed change.
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.