Pipeline Operator (Mechanical Technician)
Job Type: Full time
- Great rates & allowance under our EA
- Join a fantastic and supportive team
- Opportunities for growth and development + exciting group benefits
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Pipeline Operator (Mechanical Technician) to operate and maintain gas facilities and pipelines. You will play an integral part of the Gas Transmission and Networks maintenance team and will be working on state-of-the-art facilities along with the operations of the pipeline and easements.
Key Responsibilities include
- Complete planned and corrective maintenance activities on various assets including but not limited to truck receiving stations, primary receiving stations, compressor stations, etc
- Responding to gas related incidents and emergencies
- Operation and maintenance of high-pressure Natural gas & Renewable Energy facilities, including Hydrogen & Bio-methane
- Maintenance and calibration of electronic measurement instruments, including pressure control & Isolation equipment
- Hot Tapping of Transmission & Distribution pipelines
- Patrol and maintenance of the pipeline right of way
- Liaison work with landholders and public authorities
- A wide variety of pipeline duties including mechanical work, documentation and records maintenance
- Participation in rotating on-call roster
- Establish and maintain a Safe Worksite complying with all OHS&E requirements
The successful candidate will have proven experience working within an Operations and Maintenance team in the gas transmission or gas processing industry or similar.
- High pressure gas & Gas processing experience- desirable
- Reciprocating/Screw Compressor operation and maintenance- desirable
- Experience working within a Hazardous Area (Hazardous Area Certificate - desirable)
- A team player who can work use their own initiative, whilst still maintaining a high safety focus
- Proficient computer skills including use of MS Office suite
- Certificate III Mechanical Fitter
- Certificate III or higher in Instrumentation & Control - highly desirable
- Valid Australian Driver's licence; High Risk Work licence (Forklift, EWP or Dogging)- desirable; Confined Space certificate - desirable
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest strength and inspiration so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits are key foundational elements on which we have built our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation and respect for community and country is the keystone that locks in place our Group Values.
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability to work hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.