Group Asset Security Manager
Job Type: Full time
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’ and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
This is new permanent leadership opportunity at Jemena, for you to join as the Group Asset Security Manager to lead and support physical security management for our Group. Your role with support the mitigation and controls for physical security management. You will also be empowered to 'tell us' what out physical and natural landscape and any risks associated are. Be in the front seat to analyse risks, manage the Security Operations Centre and review all security infrastructure.
Furthermore, your role will support Business Resilience as an enterprise function role and subject matter expert in asset physical security; both lead teams and provide subject matter expertise to senior leaders across the Group in the asset physical security risk management and mitigation. You will directly supports the broader Business Resilience Program having technical experience in Crisis, Emergency and Business Continuity Management.
A little about you:
- high level of experience as the subject matter expert in physical asset security risk management, application, systems and approaches within critical infrastructure
- in-depth knowledge and experience in crisis and emergency management end to end processes
- significant experience in writing effective procedures and other enterprise level business documents
- long-standing experience of Business Continuity standards and application and in emergency response, or emergency operations
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- tertiary qualified and / or in-depth relevant industry security experience within in critical infrastructure
- advanced competency of Physical Security Infrastructure and Systems, including integrated and federated system management
- advanced competency of the MS office suite and be IT literate and able to learn and to adapt to enterprise software / systems
- knowledge and understanding in Emergency & Security Management requirements for critical infrastructure owner/operators.
- high level understanding of SOCI and state by state security legislation
- knowledge of Gas and Electricity production, transmission and distribution operational environments
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.