End User Services Technician
Job Type: Full time
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’ and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
You will be empowered and supported to provide technical and analytical support for End User Services (EUS) across the SGSPAA group at our Sydney offices. Your role will find you travelling to our wonderful offices so a driver licence and vehicle will be required. Our people are inclusive and welcoming and you will have the opportunity to meet, support and provide an excellent service to all.
Proficiency in a range of technical skills to provide effective support services including;
- EU Computing, including hardware and SOE management
- Collaboration, including MS Teams and file share
- Meeting room technology
- Mobile device and remote access management
- Application packaging
- Remote workforce support
Further to this, as the End User Services Technician you will ensure that appropriate security controls are in place for each area of desktop infrastructure services provided.
A little about you:
- demonstrated operational experience in EUS
- experience in delivering support services across multiple clients and utilising multiple support delivery mechanisms
- experience in the application of ITIL processes.
- working within a large multi customer organisation with varied user skill levels and desktop operating environments
- ability to keep abreast of technology trends and issues
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Business or equivalent work experience
- ITIL foundation or equivalent experience
- technical certifications relevant to EUS support
- understand and develop software packaging & distribution
- ability to prioritise multiple desktop patch environments and operating systems
- good understanding of business processes and application of technology in areas of technical competence
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.