Senior Property Accounting Officer
Knight Frank Australia
Job Type: Full time
At Knight Frank we’re passionate about property, but it takes more than passion to make us the world’s most successful privately-owned property agency and consultancy.
With a 125-year heritage, we are part of a global property powerhouse dedicated to providing our clients the best advice across commercial and residential property transactional and advisory services.
We champion a diverse and inclusive workplace, where people are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work and are proud to be the real estate industry’s first WORK180 endorsed employer.
The Senior Property Accounting Officer is responsible for Accounts Receivable and Lease Maintenance duties within the AMS Shared Services Team.
Main responsibilities include lease maintenance including tenant adjustments, invoicing and processing rental receipts from tenants and reconcile trust bank accounts, coordinate the financial reporting timetable and associated processes for the portfolio to ensure deadlines are achieved in accordance with the client services contract.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who collaborates well with a variety of stakeholders, prior exposure to the Property industry, MRI and Yardi is a prerequisite.
- Daily processing of rental payments and receipts
- Reconciliation of trust bank accounts
- Assist with queries from internal and external stakeholders – the client, tenants, Property Managers and Property Accountants
- Perform the Lease Maintenance function for the portfolio – entering new leases, varying existing leases, processing vacating tenants, establishing new properties and portfolios.
- Assist with month end reporting transactions and Capital Expenditure transactions.
- Coordinate and administer the financial reporting timetable, ensuring all stakeholders understand specifications and deadlines.
- Identify issues or events likely to cause delays in the delivery of the financial reporting requirements
- Provide training and support to other team members as required.
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated understanding of Accounts Receivables and Lease maintenance functions
- Previous experience in Lease maintenance (required)
- MRI experience (required)
- Yardi experience (required)
- Previous property experience (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Customer service focused.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Proven ability to take initiative, identify issues and deliver timely solutions.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging and complex situations.
- Problem solving skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- A generous 16-week parental scheme plus superannuation for a full 12 months
- Birthday and study leave
- Swap around a public holiday for a cultural swap day! [link removed]
- Two Wellness Days to allow you to focus on your own physical and or mental wellbeing.
- A workplace where you can access 2 weeks additional leave each year so you can take that extra break with family or friends.
- We applaud your need to give back to the community and give you 2 paid volunteer days each year to support one of our-affiliated charities.
- Our reward platform “The Vault” which gives you access to a great range of discounts at popular retailers and supermarkets as well as lifestyle benefits and corporate discounts.
- Because life can throw the unexpected at us, we help subsidise private health insurance excess, if you or an immediate family member requires hospitalisation.
- Plus, so much more!
Join a team where individual uniqueness is celebrated, contribution is rewarded, and voices are respected and heard. A place where everyone has the chance to perform at their best.
Not the perfect fit? Apply anyway. You might have something we didn’t realise we needed!
Applicants with Australian working rights need only apply. No Agencies please.
Please note, if you are successful in securing a role, you will be subject to police checks as part of our standard recruitment process.