People & Culture Business Partner (4-month contract)
Knight Frank Australia
Job Type: Full time
At Knight Frank we’re passionate about property, but it takes more than passion to make us the world’s most successful privately-owned property agency and consultancy.
With a 125-year heritage, we are part of a global property powerhouse dedicated to providing our clients the best advice across commercial and residential property transactional and advisory services.
We champion a diverse and inclusive workplace, where people are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work and are proud to not only be the real estate industry’s first WORK180 endorsed employer but also recently being recognised as the Top 101 Workplaces for Women in 2023 by WORK180.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional with strong business partnering experience along with a skill-set covering remuneration, employment relations, performance, talent management, facilitation/training and engagement.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team-player with a proven track record of success delivering people advice and solutions that meet strategic and operational business needs including coaching managers to develop people manager capability of the organisation.
You will feel comfortable using a consultative collaborative approach, and you are someone who can quickly form relationships with business leaders and employees; partner with them to understand their needs and challenges; and deliver innovative, timely and comercial solutions. You will also be comfortable working in a fast paced, sales environment, juggling conflicting deadlines and business needs.
This role is a 4-month fixed term contract. It sits within the Business Partnering team, and is part of the wider People & Culture team. You will have colleagues located in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, but support is never far away and the team culture is something we’re proud of.
- Provide both strategic and operational people solutions to an internal client group based across multiple sites in WA
- Partner with WA Managing Director as well as State/National Service Line heads in the state, business services and advisory client groups to deliver on the people strategy
- Review and interpret financial modelling and advise on remuneration strategies
- Participate in development and delivery of strategic, high-profile people initiatives
- Manage the annual P&C activities for the client group including performance reviews, remuneration review, promotions & awards, engagement activities, talent review
- Provide support and work with specialist P&C team members on projects or issues to get the best outcome for the business
Who are we looking for?
- To be successful you will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR, Commerce/Business or related
- At least 8 years’ experience in a human resources generalist role, ideally in a sales-focused organisation, within the professional services or the property industry
- Experience in working with clients based in multiple sites and within a matrix structure
- Strong ER experience including case management
- Ability to navigate complex business requests within the approvals framework
- Ability to understand the pressure points of an organisation
- Experience in managing annual P&C processes
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop managers
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills demonstrated in a matrix environment
- Adaptable and hands-on approach
- Collaborative approach with the team including mentoring and coaching team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Initiative to identify an issue and run with it
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements designed to suit individual circumstances and family needs
- A generous 16-week parental scheme plus superannuation for a full 12 months
- Birthday and study leave
- Swap around a public holiday for a cultural swap day!
- Two Wellness Days to allow you to focus on your own physical and or mental wellbeing
- A workplace where you can access 2 weeks additional leave each year so you can take that extra break with family or friends
- We applaud your need to give back to the community and give you 2 paid volunteer days each year to support one of our-affiliated charities
- Our reward platform “The Vault” which gives you access to a great range of discounts at popular retailers and supermarkets as well as lifestyle benefits and corporate discounts
- Because life can throw the unexpected at us, we help subsidise private health insurance excess, if you or an immediate family member requires hospitalisation
- Plus, so much more!
Join a team where individual uniqueness is celebrated, contribution is rewarded, and voices are respected and heard. A place where everyone has the chance to perform at their best.
Not the perfect fit? Apply anyway. You might have something we didn’t realise we needed!
Applicants with Australian working rights need only apply. No Agencies please.
Please note, if you are successful in securing a role, you will be subject to police checks as part of our standard recruitment process