PR & Influencer Manager
Job Type: Full time
Koala’s mission is to deliver better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining unique and locally designed products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
The PR & Influencer Manager role exists to help organically share all the dimensions of Koala’s brand with more customers. At Koala, we are lucky to have so many great stories to tell - from our thoughtfully and sustainably designed products, to our seamless shopping experiences and our direct business model that enables more Aussies to own beautiful, high quality products affordably.
This role exists to find the best angle that will engage media + influencer partners to share these with their audiences. The role sits within the Brand and Creative team and will be a key partner in driving our brand position long term, as well as website visitation and ultimately conversion short term.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Lead the PR strategy with insight-driven, channel-agnostic story ideas that deliver on brand and business objectives.
- Collaborate with the cross functional marketing team to create talk-ability with consumers in Australia in line with business and category goals/OKRs.
- Maintain our PR agency partnership day to day to drive a continuous stream of positive ‘Koala-only’ stories and hit monthly OKRs.
- Maintain and develop direct media relations to generate a more consistent cadence of positively earned media coverage in key outlets, and ensure Koala.
- Lead the Influencer, KOL, and Content Creator strategy, strategic partnerships (organic and paid) - to build brand and products fame and achieve business objectives.
- Partner with appropriate agencies to support the development of influencer strategies, helping build campaigns that exceed objectives.
- Build, own and execute the Awards calendar for Australia for our hero categories and business focus areas.
- Drive roll out of awards across consumer touch points.
- Strong PR and Influencer professional with 5+ years’ experience gained in fast-paced business environments.
- DTC experience highly regarded.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of media outlets and personalities across mainstream news and lifestyle.
- Familiarity with content creator channels (YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram).
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- Flexible hybrid working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT Online where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, plus tons of Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.