Senior Payroll Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Great benefits and remuneration – Base + 12.5% superannuation & bonus
- Free onsite parking and gym
- Join a global organisation with a strong focus on training, safety and quality
At KONE, we’re people on the move.
Just like our escalators, elevators and doors, every day our people move in different directions. We employ over 60,000 people globally and no two days are ever the same.
Our work will take you in different directions.
KONE are looking for an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to be a part of a friendly, on-site payroll team based in Mascot, Sydney. You will bring your expertise to provide support to an existing payroll function to deliver efficient payroll operations for approximately 400 staff and 1,000 wages employees. This is an integral and hands-on role Monday to Friday with flexible hybrid working arrangements and could also be changed to Permanent Part- Time for the right person.
What will you be doing?
- Processing fortnightly & monthly payrolls for approximately 1,400 employees combined
- Investigating and handling payroll related queries
- Preparing and lodging payroll legal obligations related to enterprise agreements, superannuation, payroll tax, single-touch payroll, and end of financial year
- Single touch payroll reporting
- Preparing and posting journals to the accounting system
- Supporting the Payroll Manager on process and system improvements.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Payroll Officer/Senior Payroll Officer
- Experience in interpreting and applying multiple enterprise agreements
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical ability, proactive and timely communication
- Experience in end to end payroll
- A great team player and a can do attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- New Zealand payroll experience (highly desirable)
- Experience in the construction industry (desirable)
There’s so much more to KONE than you may realise.
- A friendly and flexible work environment that makes KONE a great place to work
- Mascot location with free on-site parking, gym - close to public transport
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
Note: Applicants must either be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or New Zealand to apply for this position.
KONE is an equal opportunity employer who supports inclusive, flexible, and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes persons with disabilities, culturally, religiously, and linguistically diverse people, diverse age groups, diverse sexual orientation, and gender.
We are committed to working in partnership with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and organisations by recognising and respecting the diversity of cultures, identity, heritage, languages, and social and spiritual systems practiced.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers