Planning Assessment Coordinator
Main Roads Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
Why Work With Us?
People and businesses rely on our roads to get to work, home and around Western Australia.
As the WA State Government Agency responsible for safely managing the State’s Road network, Main Roads Western Australia is committed to connecting people and places by delivering integrated and intelligent transport systems and services, providing safer roads and better journeys for our customers.
With a rich history dating back to 1926 and an exciting future ahead, Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s also about people.
Our services are delivered through the dedicated efforts of our talented, passionate, and dynamic employees in regional and metropolitan offices throughout the State.
Whatever stage of your career, we are dedicated to helping you reach your potential, both professionally and personally, so that together we can achieve ours.
About the Role
Main Roads is looking for a dynamic, energetic and forward-thinking professional to coordinate planning referrals and formal assessments in our Road Access and Planning branch.
Working across government and collaborating with a range of stakeholders, this role would suit an enthusiastic individual with a passion for coaching, growing and developing junior team members. Development assessment experience is desirable and you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining positive professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating a team reviewing planning referral matters and providing specialist advice.
- Undertaking the review of complex planning referrals from planning authorities within statutory timeframes.
This role reports to the Road Access and Planning Manager and has up to four (4) direct reports.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in achieving balanced planning outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking, research and problem-solving skills.
You will be career-driven with a positive mindset, seeking to fully utilise your expertise and develop your career within an innovative and agile organisation.
Our environment encourages people to improve business practices and actively contribute to the strategic direction of Main Roads.
What We Offer
At Main Roads, you can have a challenging, flexible, and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation that supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what is important to you.
In addition to our competitive salary and 11% superannuation, some of the benefits of working with Main Roads include:
- Attractive leave provisions
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and well-being focus
Find Out More
For questions about the role, please contact Maryanne Thornely on (08) 9323-4078.
For general enquiries, contact Tassia Longman on (08) 9323 6343 or email email@example.com.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to submit your application, as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you experience technical issues when submitting your application, contact RAMS Helpdesk on 1300 733 056 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Your Application
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your relevant skills and abilities within the context of the Job Role Statement.
- A statement outlining your substantial skills, knowledge, and experience in the following four (4) criteria in no more than four (4) pages:
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationship
- Managing financial, technological, physical and other resources within agreed allocation to meet agreed outcomes.
- One or more road planning, transport planning, statutory planning, road design, and traffic engineering.
- Managing employee behaviour, performance and development
- If applicable, please attach a copy of your Degree in Engineering, Planning or other related discipline.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improving diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact Tassia Longman on (08) 9323 6343 or email email@example.com.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
Applicants are required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and prior to appointment as part of this recruitment process.
Applicants deemed suitable for but not appointed to this role may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads, subject to business requirements.
We may undertake an executive search to help us find the best candidate.
- jrs - planning assessment coordinator level 6 road access planning.pdf
- working with us.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.