Senior Sourcing & Category Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sourcing and Category Manager to join our Procurement and Supply Chain team. In this role, you will use your skills and experience to lead the development, deployment, and management of category management strategies for our Rolling Stock division, in order to deliver sustained value and competitive advantage to Metro Trains Melbourne.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing and Category Management, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the way we work and contribute to the development of a culture that embraces the Company’s Category Management approach. This role will be critical in delivering ongoing cost savings and be responsible for developing and embedding procurement category management capability, procedures, frameworks, and policies that drive a high procurement service delivery level. In addition, you will work in a progressive and supportive team environment that values unique and diverse thinking and promotes career development to help you achieve your aspirations.
About the Role:
As the Senior Sourcing and Category Manager, you will:
- Work with the Finance & Commercial business partners and Divisional General Managers to develop and maintain relationships with key business owners of spend categories
- Develop procurement strategies to manage goods/services consistent with overall company sourcing goals and objectives
- Establish business requirements/ specifications and identify supplier base with input from internal customers and develop effective sourcing strategies
- Constantly monitor supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., entry/exit of suppliers, pricing changes)
- Develop RFI’s/RFPs, lead negotiations with suppliers and implement contractual arrangements with selected suppliers
- Identify opportunities to support Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) commitments and build social procurement strategies into the supply chain
What's in it for You:
- Metro supports work/life balance and understands that there is more to life than work. We provide opportunities to work from home as agreed with your line manager aligned with achieving required business outcomes and MTM Flexible Work policy
- All Metro employees receive a freeMyki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Have a significant impact on improving current processes and initiatives
- Work with a supportive, down to earth team of individuals from varying backgrounds and experiences
- Access to a wide range of Corporate discounts
Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow members to bring their unique selves to work and be truly focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service. Furthermore, you will work in a highly supportive team environment that empowers you to make decisions, values your ideas and contributions, and encourages career development.
At Metro we believe that inclusion is the achievement of a work environment, in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to our success. We place a significant focus on increasing women in our workforce and have made substantial efforts to increase the number of women in train driving, engineering and senior leadership roles. We also have our commitment to social inclusion employment for people from under-represented groups and those facing barriers to employment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within the areas of Business, Finance or similar
- Extensive experience across Procurement/Supply Chain
- Experience in the transport industry or heavy vehicles is an advantage but not essential
- Proven ability to identify and deliver total cost reduction and efficiency opportunities through tender development and management, and other procurement events
- A deep understanding of procurement methodologies as applied within a category management framework.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in partnering with line management in gaining significant cost savings through innovative procurement practices.
- Demonstrated internal stakeholder management skills
- An ability to lead and develop others
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Applications close at 11.59 pm Monday 3rd October 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sourcing and Category Manager to join our Procurement and Supply Chain team.
Flexible Working Environment; CBD Location; Competitive Salary & Benefits