Station Delivery Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
Reporting to the Head of Stations, you will be leading a customer-centric culture across the Metro Trains Melbourne Stations Division to ensure that our customers are provided a world class service. You will need to ensure that safety remains our number one priority in everything we do, ensuring that agreed targets are met through a dedicated focus on performance and driving exceptional customer outcomes through engaged and high performing teams.
In order to successfully deliver in this role you will need to have exceptional people leadership skills and a strong ability to motivate, mentor and coach your team to achieve the right outcomes for delivery of a fantastic customer experience across all key performance indicator areas.
About the Role
Some of the duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead, motivate and develop a large team to deliver exceptional passenger service through effective performance management, communication, coaching and development.
- Lead and implement business improvement initiatives that drive and achieve continuous improvement in safety, passenger service delivery, operational performance uplift, team performance and cost optimisation.
- Plan and implement financial year strategic plans that seeks to identify and address key business risks
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to deliver exceptional service to customers across the Metro Network, with adequately trained staff available at all times to deliver in a way that is fit for purpose.
- Engage teams in cultural change, with a focus on continuous improvement activity, across the suburban station network to enhance passenger service, passenger loyalty and ultimately improve business profitability.
- Oversee all counselling and disciplinary matters, ensuring the company’s counselling and disciplinary policy is applied fairly and appropriately.
- Ensure the presentation of all suburban stations are maintained to a high standard and consistent with franchise commitments.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) in the management of large teams
- Experience in working within industrialised workplace environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage performance across a large team with a high degree of resilience and the proven ability to manage and lead people through transformational change
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing business improvement projects
- Proven ability in developing individuals and building effective, high performing teams
Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow members to bring their unique selves to work and be truly focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service. Furthermore, you will work in a highly supportive team environment that empowers you to make decisions, values your ideas and contributions, and encourages career development.
At Metro we believe that inclusion is the achievement of a work environment, in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to our success. We place a significant focus on increasing women in our workforce and have made substantial efforts to increase the number of women in train driving, engineering and senior leadership roles. We also have our commitment to social inclusion employment for people from under-represented groups and those facing barriers to employment.
What's in it for You?
- Metro supports work/life balance and understands that there is more to life than work. We provide opportunities to work from home as agreed with your line manager aligned with achieving required business outcomes and MTM Flexible Work policy
- All Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Have a significant impact on improving current processes and initiatives
- Work with a supportive, down to earth team of individuals from varying backgrounds and experiences
- Access to a wide range of Corporate discounts
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.