Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be part of an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
As the Level Crossing Removal Project continues to deliver a safer and more efficient train network, the Metro team involved in this large-scale project is expanding to respond to current and future works. The experience gained in this exciting, multi-disciplinary environment will be valuable to building your career in rail construction.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) are currently recruiting for a suitably qualified and experienced Planner to join our Metro Level Crossing Removal Team (MLXRT) Project Controls team supporting the Level Crossing Removal Project. (LXRP)
As a planner within MLXRT you will be responsible for the development and management of detailed schedules for the LXRP portfolio of works, for the monitoring and reporting of project progress and for the provision of project controls advice and support to Planning Manager and within the LXRP Portfolio. The role supports the projects across the project life cycle providing technical and strategic advice, analytical oversight and support and guidance to maximise business.
This position is offered as full time permanent, being primarily a office based role located within the CBD with travel to and from project sites/offices as and when required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of all Project Planning processes, procedures and systems across MLXRT.
- Create, develop and maintain schedules in order to provide progress reports for projects throughout their lifecycle to enable rollup of project schedules into MLXRT Master Schedule.
- Provide planning and scheduling support to alliances/projects from time to time e.g. during high demand periods such as occupations.
- Develop and maintain program dashboards and reports in accordance with the requirements of the MLXRT Reporting Framework.
- Be able to create analytical dashboards and reports using Power BI.
- Be actively involved in TOC planning sessions, Delivery program development and Occupation planning sessions.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of TOC, Delivery and Occupation programs.
- Produce project status reports (dashboards, curves, histograms, baseline variances etc.). Provide guidance to project teams on schedule development. Identify critical paths, areas of concern and suggestions for improvement.
- Apply earned value management tools and techniques to interpret data and provide timely insight and recommendations on project and program performance.
- Interface with external work parties and participate in internal planning sessions with all disciplines to create robust schedules in line with the works readiness.
- Identify program risks and opportunities and implement controls to ameliorate risk and leverage opportunities.
- Tertiary qualification in project management, engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Planning & Scheduling, experience planning projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of current planning cost control, project management techniques
- Good level of experience in using Primavera, Word, Excel & Power BI.
- Demonstrate competency in understanding different level of schedules.
- Ability to analyse quality of schedule, schedule health and metrics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
Why work for the Metro Level Crossing Removal Team?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you.
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Tuesday 4th of October, 2022 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.