Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an OCMS Draftsperson whose role is to capture and document the installation of Operation Control Management System assets across the Melbourne Metropolitan Rail Network.
The OCMS Draftsperson will co-ordinate, manage and create new design drawings and as-built drawings compliant with the Department Of Transport DMS system.
- Draft and model new designs as directed by respective design engineers and drafting lead
- Develop, manage delivery and review progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required.
- Engage with key members of OCMS to capture information and requirements in order to complete design and as-built documentation.
- Review and read-into redline construction documentation in order to effectively draft documentation
- Build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Support the retention of Metro’s rail operator accreditation and delivery on Franchise Agreement commitments
- Use commercial and financial awareness to make effective decisions that support continuous improvement in business performance, focussed on reducing unnecessary waste, reducing costs, improving productivity and enhancing effectiveness
- Advanced AutoCAD software knowledge and ability
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with Engineers
- Experience working on building services / telecommunications designs
- Knowledge of Revit, Projectwise and BIM360 is preferable
- Experience with drawing management systems
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time 12 month fixed term contract, possibility for extension
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.