Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing and delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at MTM both professionally and personally rewarding.
Metro Trains currently has an opportunity for an experienced Communications Advisor to engage with rail passengers on the Metro Tunnel project to create awareness about project impacts and benefits. This includes supporting the development of clear passenger communications about changes to journey plans resulting from planned project works.
As the Communications Advisor you will lead engagement with rail passengers to create awareness about project impacts and benefits. This includes developing clear passenger communications about changes to journey plans resulting from planned project works. This is achieved through working collaboratively and building strong relationships with delivery partners and Metro Trains’ employees, key government clients and other transport operators to minimise and mitigate any project impacts on rail passengers and local communities.
*This role is a 12-month Max Term Position*
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Communications Manager with people and project management activities, such as budgeting, forecasting and reporting, as well as assisting with the on-boarding of new staff and sharing of information across the Portfolio projects.
- Maintain positive, collaborative relationships with project delivery partners, suppliers who provide goods and services to support Metro passenger engagement and information activities, and passengers and traders within the Metro Infrastructure Lease.
- Develop and deliver exceptional communications and engagement activities for Metro passengers to minimise disruption at every opportunity and provide quality, consistent and timely information about upcoming project activities.
- Plan, develop, obtain approval for and distribute all Metro Trains’ project communications collateral (e.g. flyers, newsletters, posters, decals, bus hangers, postcards, signage, notification letters and more)
- Be responsible for budget management and forecasting during delivery ad maintain and manage records for audit purposes
- Coordinate coffee mornings/workshops, information sessions and passenger/staff-specific activities at railway stations in consultation with PTV and Communications Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, public relations, communications or equivalent field
- 2-3 years’ experience in customer facing communications roles, preferably in either transport, government, utilities, construction, or related disciplines
- Ability to interpret complex technical information and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Experience developing and implementing communication strategies and plans
- Proven ability to deliver a range of communications materials for different audiences
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to with the ability to negotiate outcomes
When you work at Metro, you don’t only get to work with amazing people and trains, you get to bring your best self to work every day and do the work you love.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Sunday 4th December 2022 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
We help you to do this by providing you:
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects and a secure role in an essential services company,
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Free public transport across Victoria with your very own Myki card!
- Flexible work arrangements