Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known for being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing and delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We are currently looking for a Contracts Administrator to support the successful delivery of what will be one of the most iconic projects in Melbourne, the highly anticipated Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) Project!
The Contracts Administrator will work closely with the Senior Contracts Administrator, Contract and Procurement Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Managers and Alliance stakeholders to support the development and execution of Metro’s procurement and contracts strategy for project delivery and manage the administration of contracts executed between Metro and its 3rd parties whilst ensuring value for money, high quality, and on time delivery of all works, goods and services through the project lifecycle.
This is a unique and exciting role as you will support various projects and gain exposure to multi-disciplinary teams this will enable you to further your experience and develop a long-term career with Metro.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support Procurement Function in the development of Procurement Strategies for works, goods and services for project wide requirements
- Planning: Develop, manage delivery and review progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required.
- Assist with drafting Subcontracts, Agreements for review by Procurement & Contracts manager / Commercial Manager and manage expressions of interest from external parties.
- Support engineering team drafting Scopes of Works and tender packages to accompany Invitations to Tender (“ITT”) issued to prospective subcontractors for Project works packages and minimising all subcontractor variation claims and elimination of claims where possible
- Maintain a register of procurement / subcontractors
- Develop and maintain appropriate contract administration systems, standards and policies and procedures that will ensure the interests of Metro are not compromised
- Providing information for costs reporting, tender reviews, conducting negotiations and Drafting recommendation to award documentation
- Adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements including MTM policies and procedures.
- Comply with MTM's Corporate Governance Manual, including requirements and procedures regarding, delegated financial authority limits, engagement of external consultants, binding of MTM to any contractual arrangements.
- Co-ordinate the administration and maintenance of information sources and records for all relevant contract documents.
- Tertiary qualification in Contract Administration, financial and contract management or equivalent
- Experience with SAP/Ariba systems
- Work experience in Engineering, Rail, Construction, Oil & Gas, Technology or Energy would be preferred
- Knowledge of information management systems and project management tools
- Advanced experience with MS Excel
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to whilst managing complex situations, having solid problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally & written will all levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write reports and manage time effectively.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by Wednesday 7th December 2022.
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and current Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay and corporate partner benefits / discounts
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.