Graduate Engineer | As Built Review Engineer (Signalling)
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
Due to continued growth Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) are currently recruiting for an As-Built Review Engineers - Signalling to work supporting theLevel Crossing Removal Project (LXRP)
This opportunity is only open to newly graduated Engineers, preferably in the Electrical or Mechatronic discipline.
- Responsible for the provision of effective and timely review services of As-Built drawings submitted by the LXRP Alliances and Metro Tunnel Project in accordance with Completions Procedures
- Provide support in closing out legacy projects, with a focus on legacy drawings
- Support asset approval processes and ensure close out documentation and drawings are finalised in order to achieve project close out and sign off
- Work with the Senior As Built Review Engineer, Design Review Managers and Document Controllers to ensure timely review of design packages, and Requests For Information (RFI), submission of as built drawings into DMS and expediting the clearance of review comments
- Ensure that MTM’s SMS (including all processes and procedures) is adhered to and assurance evidence is prepared and maintained as required under the Rail Safety National Law (RSNL);
- Manage As-Built and DOT Infrastructure Drafting Standard compliance reviews in accordance with MTM's agreed processes.
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective relationship with all stakeholders, internal and external
Desired qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent, Electrical or Mechatronics background preferable
- Experience in Signalling Design discipline will be highly regarded, recent graduates also encouraged to apply
- Ability to read technical documentation and drawings and confirm compliance to relevant standards and specifications.
- Prior experience performing As-Built Review advantageous
- Ability to communicate effectively to management and staff at all levels (verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and awareness of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
Why work for the Metro Level Crossing Removal Team ?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Free Myki Travel and other Metro employee benefits
- Flexible working arrangements, mixture of office based and WFH
This is an excellent opportunity to take your first step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure.
If you're a newly graduated candidate and what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by Midnight Sunday 29th of January 2023
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.