Senior OCMS Signalling & Train Control Engineer
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The OCMS Engineering Integration Team in Metro Trains’ is responsible for development and integration of new projects into Metro’s existing operational technology systems. The new Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signalling system, train control, SCADA and communications technology platforms are currently being introduced via the Melbourne Tunnel Project (MTP) and/or Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR).
This role will be responsible for ensuring the successful “shaping and integration” of projects pertaining to the CBTC, Train Control, SCADA, Communications and other systems delivered by major infrastructure programs including technical design, integration and document review, test & commissioning support other project requirements as needed.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) across a range of rail technology systems and collaborate closely with stakeholders of OCMS to support new Operational Technology (Including CBTC, Train Control, SCADA, Network Communications and others depending on capabilities and project needs).
- Be the technical escalation and technical lead for the systems engineering functions.
- Lead engineering and discipline-based communities of practice across the broader Operational Technology teams and interested business units
- Actively lead, and participate in, workshops, planning, design and integration activities to ensure compliance with MTM standards and broader technology strategies
- Identify, influence and drive improvements in catering for operational technology systems to be managed and supported, facilitating a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead and ensure ongoing engagement with stakeholders including project teams, vendors, and service providers so that critical issues that impact projects or operations are identified and managed.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Electrical, Telecommunications, Computer Systems,) or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia
- Previous experience working in multi-disciplinary design team(s) integrating systems in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate and fit for purpose processes to ensure systems are monitored and maintained to agreed service levels and standards
- Minimum 5+ years of Systems and/or Rail Engineering or related experience
- Previous experience in signalling and communications
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.