Operational Support Specialist - Fleet
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive, safety focused on the core of our success.
Why Work with Metro Trains?
- Permanent Opportunity, advancing training skills within MTM
- Paid on Common Law Contract, inclusive of 10.5% superannuation
- Included Myki Card for yearly travel + corporate discounts
- Join a high performing team at one of the world's leading railway operators.
- Excellent remuneration, with great career development opportunities.
Fleet Operation Support Specialist(s) (FOSS) work as an interface between Network Operations and Rolling Stock, specifically with the METROL function.
The purpose of the FOSS is to partner with METROL and support daily operations of the Rolling Stock fleet in-service, specifically the critical AM and PM peak weekday services and special events.
Utilising comprehensive fleet technical and operational knowledge, Metro tools and processes provide insights to support and influence in-service, fleet incident avoidance, recovery and timetable delivery.
Join the team on a fulltime located at our Metro Trains Head office, Docklands
- Monitor and report the state of the fleet in real time using OBD, FMP and any other tools available such as RTPOTS.
- Work in unison with METROL and other Rolling Stock teams to minimise the impact and recovery from incidents
- Facilitate communication between Rolling Stock departments, such as depots, planning and recovery crews and between Network Operations and Drivers.
- Provide guidance on analysis of Fleet Systems using On-Board Diagnostics (OBD)
- Act as the central location for OBD support within Metro, escalating as required
- Analyse and report on daily train incidents at the time of incident and in retrospect.
- Develop Metro processes and process improvements for managing train failures including train disablement in section operational recovery procedures and standards to benefit the network
- Prepare documentation and/or provide technical expertise on the condition, capability, and operation of specified fleet train systems to multiple stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience
- Rolling Stock fleet condition Monitoring Training/Experience and data interpretation
- Understanding of Rolling Stock fleet and infrastructure maintenance and servicing requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Rolling Stock fleet maintenance; across all fleets and systems
- Knowledge of:
- Engineering standards including quality requirements
- Fleet maintenance practices/ fleet engineering specifications
- MTM's Quality Policy and Quality Assurance System
- Operations and regulations regarding specified fleet systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- Identify and analyse risks, and implement corrective actions
Applications: Click to submit your application by 2nd April 2023 If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.