Resource & Strategy Manager (6 month secondment opportunity)
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We have an excellent opportunity to join the Stations & Passenger Service Delivery team as a Resourcing & Strategy Manager. In this secondment role, you will utilise your leadership and strategic thinking skills and experience to assist the Stations Division to plan and manage key business requirements, ensure that the recruitment processes are aligned to the workforce strategies and that tactical resources plans are implemented. In addition, you will work in a supportive team environment that values unique and diverse thinking and promotes career development to help you achieve your aspirations.
About the Role:
As the Resourcing & Strategy Manager, you will:
- Provide strategic and expert facilitation, analysis, and advice to the Station Delivery Managers, with specific attention to the needs of the Head of Stations, to support performance improvement through strategic business planning, governance, and reporting processes
- Effectively lead the management of quality assurance, including the development, monitoring and review of business processes, performance standards and key performance indicators, station accounting auditing and compliance
- Create integrated database tracking tools for resourcing patterns (annual leave, sick, training, etc.) to optimise staffing forecasts and maintain holiday patterns forecasts to ensure effective coverage for holidays
- Manage a Station operations rostering team to plan and manage ongoing Station operations labour requirements for resource allocation across the division
- Provide leadership for organisational business improvement by aligning, analysing, and assessing current performance against a business excellence framework and providing reports and recommendations for business improvements
What's in it for You?
- Metro supports work/life balance and understands that there is more to life than work. We provide opportunities to work from home as agreed with your line manager aligned with achieving required business outcomes and MTM Flexible Work policy
- All Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Have a significant impact on improving current processes and initiatives
- Work with a supportive, down to earth team of individuals from varying backgrounds and experiences
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts
Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow members to bring their unique selves to work and be truly focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service. Furthermore, you will work in a highly supportive team environment that empowers you to make decisions, values your ideas and contributions, and encourages career development.
At Metro we believe that inclusion is the achievement of a work environment, in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to our success.
We place a significant focus on increasing women in our workforce and have made substantial efforts to increase the number of women in train driving, engineering, and senior leadership roles. We also have our commitment to social inclusion employment for people from under-represented groups and those facing barriers to employment
To be successful in this role, you will have the below key criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management or related discipline (desirable)
- Proven experience in auditing processes
- Demonstrated experience in a project management environment, involving the introduction and management of change projects
- The ability to collect, analyse and present workplace data and information
- Effective communication skills to liaise with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written)
- Significant leadership experience with the ability to lead, manage, motivate, mentor, and develop others
To make a formal application, you must include a cover letter that addresses the key criteria and a current resume.
Applications close Wednesday 29 March 2023